A Tool for Its Time — THE Journal
“Learning management means the system is being used to manage learning, which implies the school or the institution is in control. A digital learning platform is, in effect, neutral. It says the school can control the learning through a centralized curriculum, or the student can control the learning by using the tools in the platform to guide themselves. The old terms didn’t really account for that option.”
Just like I went on the walk last year, I went on the Scott Kelby worldwide photo walk in Athens this year yesterday. One local called us the paparazzi. Another asked if there was a photographer convention.
A couple of my takes:
Flickr Groups featuring photos from Athens and other walks:
- 2010 Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk – Athens, GA
- Scott Kelby’s 3rd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk – July 24, 2010
- No related posts.
this, is boomerang
Compare Features of CE/Vista to Learn 9 and 9.1
1. The 1st chart is in alphabetically order by tool names in CE/Vista 8, with comparable tool names in Learn 9 and 9.1 along with a list of enhancements and losses for each.
2. The 2nd chart lists the new tools in Learn 9 and 9.1 listing changes from one to the other and includes enhancements.
3. The 3rd chart lists the new tools and features available in Learn 9.1
4. The 4th chart, Tests, Surveys, and Pools is a detailed review of the…
Check which famous writer you write like with this statistical analysis tool, which analyzes your word choice and writing style and compares them with those of the famous writers.
Not trusting a single sample, I tested fifteen writing samples including stories and blog posts (excluding those with block quotes). The Cory Doctorow result was the most common at six.
I write like
I also received David Foster Wallace (3), Arthur Conan Doyle (3), J.K. Rowling (2), Isaac Asimov (1).
Some things are easy to buy online. A few times in the past month I’ve gone looking for a soccer jersey for any of the many football (soccer to my fellow Americans) team I follow. Three futile hours later, I am considering changing which football I follow since stores can carry appropriately sized apparel for it. I’m someone who wears a fairly rare to find size of 3XLT. (Or 4XL when tall is not an option. Or sometimes 3XL for teeshirts, but that usually means exposed back when I sit.)